Nursing Home and Assisted Living Updates
Assisted Living Updates
The California Department of Social Services provides automatic updates to families that have a loved one in a licensed assisted living home. They update you on regulatory compliance issues, complaints and citations regarding your loved one’s assisted living home in California.
Click the Link below to sign up for automatic updates to better protect your loved one.
What to do:
- Type in the name of your assisted living home and click on “view” to see the Facility Details.
- Next, click on the grey tab called “Stay Updated.”
- Then, type in your email address and subscribe to receive weekly alerts and updates about the facility.
Nursing Home Updates
The Federal Inspection Database is a free resource that allows you to review and compare nursing homes from across the country. Their search results will show you health inspection and staff ratings, plus provide detailed quality measures including any reported citations from the past three years. Here’s how:
- Go to the federal Nursing Home Compare website to look up facilities by name or location.
- On the first page of results, you will see a star rating for the facility based on factors such as staffing levels. A history of abuse or other inspection problems will typically be reflected in the “health inspection” rating.
- Click on the health inspection rating to see a summary of the facility’s most recent inspection.
- From here, click on “View all health inspections.” For details, go to a specific date and click “View full report.”
- From the main profile page for the facility, click on “Penalties” to see if an inspection resulted in fines or payment denials.
- To view older citations, download archived reports here or file a public records request here. Some states may also offer detailed information. A list of state websites is here.
This is just one more shield in your arsenal to protect your loved one.